A native Iowa Citian who returned to raise my family here, I find myself *far* more opinionated when it comes to everything from the restaurants to the city council. Here is my $.02.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Say a prayer and pass me a beer

Something completely ironic struck me so funny the other day, I almost had the water I was drinking shoot out my nose.

A young girl was wearing a "Jesus" tee with a big tiger face on it. Not that the tiger is significant, just that it was interesting to me why a tiger would be on an otherwise religious tee shirt. Grrowl. Praise ye holy on high. Enough mockery, I shall continue before a lightning bolt springs forth from the sky and warns me of my sins. Eeek.

Anyway, this gal was obviously trying to get the point across that she was holy. I get it. Amen.

But it just so happens that it was this past Friday. The very first Friday of lent. The very same first Friday that Catholics are to not eat meat. Well this sassy pants Jesus lovin' lady was mowing on a hot dog. When I say mowing, I mean mowing on that hopeless piece of meat like it was the last supper. Sorry for that absolutely horrible pun.

Not sure why it struck me as funny. Anyone who knows me knows that I try not to be judgmental but GOOD LORD.

Then I got to thinking, maybe she was Jesus in disguise. Sent to earth to remind me that I too should not have eaten meat as I sat digesting my Milios #4 turkey sandwich (hold the sprouts.) Could it be a sign from heaven? What could it mean?

Then I snapped back into reality and realized that I was sitting in a Target cafe over analyzing life and needed a beer. Three hours as I polished off my second brew, I thanked God that I had the wisdom to know when I needed a drink.

Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Did you write this drunk?!? Way entertaining you meat-eating sinner! :o)

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 2:27:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home