A native Iowa Citian who returned to raise my family here, I find myself *far* more opinionated when it comes to everything from the restaurants to the city council. Here is my $.02.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Meteorological Preoccupation

I am happily married, 9.5 months pregnant, the mother of a 21 month old, and a 6 year old Bassett. I stay at home with my son and am the owner of a successful business, have lots of friends and a wonderful close family.

So why is it that I am totally and completely obsessed (read: Not scary obsessed, more to make Matt giggle incessantly) with KCRG Meteorologist Josh Baynes? I think he is one of the sweetest people I have never met. Does this possibly stem from my growing up watching Denny Frary on KCRG every night with my parents? I met him once at an awards banquet in the late 80's...Did you know he was blonde then, not grey? I still have a soft spot for Good Ol' Denny. But right here and now it's Josh.

For all of you who have the honor to watch the TV 9 newscast, you can probably concur. I have grown quite fond of the sing songy sweet banter that Josh entertains us with. Who else could make Iowa weather fun. I love a man who asks a question, just to then answer it. It somehow makes you think he is very intelligent.

The highlight of my Sunday night (besides Family Guy) is when Josh takes me for a ride on the Weather roller coaster! If you haven't joined in the fun you must, I insist that all present buckle in and put their arms up and scream with the awesome sound effects.

You probably think I am kidding. I am not.

If you log on to KCRG and read Josh's profile you will begin to love him too. I asked Matt for an autographed picture of Josh for Christmas. He thinks I am a nut. But you know what? I am okay with that.

1 Comments:

Blogger threefunnymonkeys said...

I had no idea that this obsession was going on! Question 1 is how long has Josh has this incredible hold over you? I don't know what question 2 is just yet, but I know it's coming. Too bad I can't get IC news broadcast up here!

Sunday, December 11, 2005 7:46:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home